Monday, March 19, 2012

| Post-Collins Blues

As always, after leaving a convention I have the blues. Living independently of responsibilities with nothing to do but eat, drink, laugh, and play games makes commuting and dealing with work somehow, less palatable....

News and Notes from CayucosCollinsCon:

- Loved the prizes!
- Fun to see Risk Legacy play itself out. Me no likey Risk, so the next parallel universe should not include me in the first few games...
- Always like watching Hicks successfully fight of an alien then kill himself with acid spray on the first square, of the first turn of Aliens. It did not go well for the poor Marines...
- Had a great time playing some quiet morning Summoner Wars with Rudy Riot. Cards, coffee, and crashing surf FTW!
- Ridiculous meat.
- Picked up Kingdom Builder and Flash Point online last night - hoping they arrive before the weekend to play with the neighbors! Another sale for Sales Rep Action Team! (I also picked up Galaxy Trucker because I can no longer hope someone else brings it to the table, I need to GUARANTEE it makes the table and bring my own!)
- I need to throw a party at my house soon - I have almost 3 cases of beer leftover, not to mention the case of IPA I already had in my garage...
- Speaking of beer, I think next time it will be a coffee, special beer, and spirits con. I think a handful of exceptional brews, along with some gin/scotch/etc. and loads of coffee is more where The Action Team is heading. Loads of beer just make for a bunch of tired (and fat) old men.
- Artemis was neat, and despite it causing so much technical anguish, I think it was a fun, and totally unique experience which I'm glad I was a part of.