Monday, March 19, 2012

I totally agree with everying Elrock said. I'm in a post-con funk as well. It's the good life! Wish we could have got more SW in. We'll have to do mini-series of matches in the future, like bests of 3 or 5, because 1-2 isn't enough.

Jael: I like the ideas so far, but SLAVE jumps out in a bad way. Everyone knows they were slaves, but maybe it could be handled differently. When you're back from Taiwan, let's try it out! I totally feel like making games after our conventions as well. I even bring a bunch of index cards and pencils JUST IN CASE we decide to do a brainstorming session. :) Wish we could have played a few more of the games that didn't hit the table, like Dungeon Petz or even Stone Age. Gladiator game sounds like it's got similar elements to those games (worker placement, for example) and it might give you some more ideas. I've never played Dungeon Petz, but you buy baby monsters (slaves) from a market - they all have different stats - then you have you raise them - then you can fight them - or sell them (just like the slaves!)

I ordered the new Lords of Waterdeep game. I guess it's like Caylus but lighter and D&D themed. Looked at the rulebook and it looks like a lot of fun. It also has worker placement elements, but the "resources" you acquire are adventures that you then can turn in to complete quests. The theme seems to fit it pretty well and it looks fun.