Wednesday, March 21, 2012

| brain dump

There's gonna be a new board game web-show hosted by Wil Wheaton called Tabletop:
LINK
Should be pretty awesome. I see Dixit on the list of games they'll do. A blurb said "think celebrity poker meets board games" - me likey.

***

I put a pic up from our first nights Resistance game on BGG: Here
Somebody who's not me gave it a thumb (now we have 3 thumbs)! We're The Action Team Celebutards. When MTV gives us our own show, that's what it will be named.

***

A game idea I was thinking about a while back: Caravan Guards. You know the old trope from so many D&D games - you're hired to guard some caravan. I keep coming back to the damn Rummy game mechanic, but it's only because it's easy as a jump off point. I'm like a poor man's Reiner Knezia, minus any math skillz. Anyways, if it was using some kind of tiles/cards system with numbers (or classes that represent numbers ie fighter/wiznuts/rogue/cleric) and you'd build up caravans by attaching your tiles/cards/units to them as long as it fit - so if the caravan is a 5, you'd need 3-4 on one end and 6-7 on the other. Then when you felt it was secure enough or when you dump all your cards/tiles or if you just don't wont anyone else to score that caravan, you "send it out" and then it has to pass a series of challenges or something. I dunno, it just sounds like D&D rummy. We'll see!

***

Even if no one else gets married next year, we should still continue the bachelor cons regardless.