Monday, December 12, 2011

Yeah those wooden bits are very tempting. I think Pump has a full set!

We had a little secret Santa exchange in me/Enron's SF game group (actually, why the hell aren't we doing one? should we do one? holler if you're in!). I scored Mage Knight! Rude when you posted the rules for this a while ago I was pretty freaked out by the many pages of small print, but now I'm pretty excited about it especially because you can play SOLO! ;_;

So... did everyone just simultaneously crap out on Minecraft to play Skyrim/WoW/Agricola/raise a child/get sick/stare at vast collection of unpainted minis and groan painfully? I guess so, huh? I've been logging in every couple days but never see anyone. I've been playing SP a little bit. I really want to see what the quest mode is about. Unfortunately I went really far into a dungeon, got my ass blown up by a creeper and lost all my shit.

On the child-rearing front, last week was super rough because the kid was just NOT sleeping during the day. She was maybe sleeping 8 hours total per day and newborns her age should be sleeping 14-16 hours. She'd get fussier and fussier over the course of the day and just flip out and scream for hours at night. It was intense. This week things SEEM (knock on wood) to have settled down a bit. I think it was partially that she was going through a growth spurt (and thus hungry all the time) and partially that we weren't doing enough to help her not have gas (and thus uncomfortable/pissed all the time). We're doing some stuff like having her sleep in the carseat for a while after eating and giving her these "gas drops" sometimes (note, they help with gas, they are not gasoline).

Because it's been so rough we're rethinking the holidays a little bit. Right now to go to both Christmas and also the wife's big deal family reunion on New Year's Eve, we would have to be down in LA for over a week. That just sounds insanely hard so we're reconsidering what we're going to do. We might end up staying here for Christmas and coming down for the following weekend. We'd have to move some events around (and miss the Poop Deck :( ) but it might be the better thing for our sanities.