Tuesday, November 22, 2011

| further up this rabbit's hole

So, let me throw out some more board games that have caught my eye. Wanna know if any of yous have tried them. These are well reviewed games that SEEM right up my alley for casual-friendly games.

Kingsburg? See lots of raves for it being a great gateway game - I guess it came out right before Stone Age, which gets thrown around as one of the penultimate gateway games. (I totally think penultimate is wrong because it means "next to last", but that word is rad and popped into my head, so it's staying.) Anyways, I've only vaguely heard of Kingsburg but reading reviews and peeping it's game, it looks pretty rad! Anyone try it? Is it quick/fun/rad/wack?

Oh, another game that I think is super new so I don't expect anyone to have played it yet, but looks cool is Mondo! Horrible name! But check out the video explanation on there. It almost looks like a lighter version of the ship building part of Galaxy Trucker! You build worlds not Galactic Trucks. I dunno, looks fun.