Monday, May 09, 2011

no one here can relate to this since no one plays street basketball.

Anyways, I was shooting around on one of the empty courts that didn't have games running when after about 25 minutes, a kid walks over and doesn't say anything, and starts shooting around with me. Generally, people tend to ask if they can shoot around with you, but anyway I don't say anything. After about 5 minutes, he goes "i gotta go" and starts to walk away WITH MY BALL. I go " hey, you got my ball dude". he goes "it's my ball, i brought it from home". This is a "situation" immediatly registers in my head. After a few minutes of back and forth "it's my ball", I absolutely went bezerk. basically I said, you come on my fucking court, play with my fucking ball, and now claim it's your ball. his response? It's my ball, cuz he brought it from home. That's when I preceded to yell, youre one crazy ass mother fucker and tackled him trying to get my ball back. I thought about beating the shit out of him, but i just wanted my ball.

Now, poor kid, he must have left his ball and couldn't find it. BUT NORMALLY, a sane person, would ask first if that was his ball or if anyone has seen his ball. 99.9% people will answer honestly, as usually folks at courts are pretty honest. No one likes ball thieves as no one like getting their ball stolen.

He had it coming, but then, what if he didn't relent the ball. What if there was an altercation. What if he had friends. What if I got stabbed? I have the right to defend my rights and my property, but to what extent? What if I injured him? Could I prove that it was indeed my ball in court? Doesn't seem worth it for 14.99 ball. Would the police respond over something so ridiculously mundane. Does protecting my property means I could do whatever I want to the guy? Am I then the victim or the aggressor.