Monday, February 21, 2011

| Working on Presidents day

So private sector advantages is we gotta work! luckily it's pretty dead today, no ones gung ho about working, applied time off etc.

My first week in Wow - I've logged probably at least 20 hours (half a workweek, yikes). Got my wow bug back. but I think i'll burn out after a few weeks as i normally do. In that week, I got myself 2000 gold (halfway to epic mount), joined a guild.

Just some random thoughts about MMO's -

1. I think the primary reason, no other MMO has made it, is that no one wants to do another grind game. If your heavily invested in one game, say WOW, it's not very likely to jump in another one where you have to kill another million monsters for xp. EVE did well in this regards with the auto-leveling, which rudy commented to me about liking.

2. Minecraft was different also, because it allows the user to build content in-game which shared similar success to other in-game building games that have come into the market.

I think if there's going to be another successful MMO, there has to be something different offered that the above 3 hasn't.