Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure you're the reason I got Oblivion back in the day in the first place. Yeah, I modded it all to hell and had some fun with it, but even so, just story/world-wise, I burned out on it. I'll link you this total conversion - it pulls some files from your Oblivion install, but otherwise it is completely unique and everything from dungeon/world layouts and monster loot was all "hand-crafted" - sounds fun. Too many games, too little time.

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge
Make sure your Oblivion is the latest patch: HERE
1. Get the main files here: First - 1.6 gb I think, yowzer!
2. When you first launch it you need to use the "Nehrim Launcher" and then deduce from the german the "data" tab and select the Nehrim files. After that I think it loads up off the regular shortcut.

There's also specific mods to enhance it graphically and to help with some of the engrish. The little I played was pretty awesome and it basically felt like an entirely separate and new game. If you already have Oblivion installed, give it a shot.

Here's the Something Awful thread for it with tons of information and help to get it going. Neat!
SA Thread


~ going to bed :( so sleepy ~