Wednesday, February 23, 2011

| Warburnt

Not gunna lie, a month or so into this and I'm starting to get burned out. =(

I want to love it, I really do. The size of the world is impressive, very cool.

Best thing about WoW: Chatting with friends and shooting the shit (and bad guys). Also, the Team Bravo missions were fun. That was a little different.

Worst thing about WoW: Meh, still trying to figure out why I'm not in love. I should be, right? Millions of people sucked in, addicted, totally love this thing. Why don't I love it too?

I've been trying to put my finger on whatever "it" is that isn't connecting for me, and I'm still not convinced I have it figured out. As a result, any explanation I try to give isn't going to be very eloquent or well spoken, unfortunately.

1. The combat system is a little impersonal (right word choice?). Most fights are won or lost and I don't feel like if I had done anything differently (chosen a different sequence of skills to use) that it would have changed the outcome (without being ridiculous). I (or my group) either tend to WTFPWN everything in sight, mashing our primary attack buttons / follow up abilities for 60 minutes straight. In a room /cavern / building full of bad guys, a group of 5 angry, warring, scrapping, slicing, dicing, bashing adventurers doesn't gain any interest even from bad guys' allies sometimes just a few dozen yards away in direct line of sight...? Or, in combat, things go the other way and I get totally annihilated by an enemy or gang of enemies and there just wasn't any way for me to not get killed.

2. Equipment / Advancement. Thousands of quests and micro-upgrades make the process of improvement or finding a neato item / piece of equipment seem unimportant because it will probably be outdated in the next mission (sometimes on the next quest I cash in).

3. Abilities/Professions/Specialty-Rank-Whatever Points. I get 20 abilities and only 10 quick slots to effectively use them. I'm still not sure what the point of professions are. They don't seem necessary? I'm level 26 and 35 on my characters and I'm not sure what I would gain (or would have gained) by picking up a profession or two.


Blah, I guess I'll stop bitching. I don't want it to sound that way. I'm honestly just confused. Why am I not addicted to crack? lolz