Saturday, September 25, 2010

I was into the idea of an e-reader as well, but I've cooled to it lately. I've played with a Nook at the stores and it was alright, but I'd probably go for a Kindle just because it seems like they'd have the biggest selection. Haven't seen the others. If I was rich I'd get a Ipad or something and then the kindle and nook apps. I use the kindle app for my laptop and it works well. I just download the free books though.

I had just finished reading 'Under the Dome' by Stephen King. I like his writing, I really do, but once again the ending of this mammoth book was just awful. The journey was fun - it felt like The Stand-Lite - but the last 3rd was difficult to get through.

I chose Rama for my next book because it's under 300 pages and I haven't read something that short in years. I also have a book called "The Passage" by Justin Cronin that got really good reviews. I think it's a sort of post-apoc/vampire story, but more "The Road" than "Twilight". Supposedly depressing as hell, so looking forward to it in a sick way.