Saturday, September 25, 2010

"For that fine young thing, Shirley Temple."

I liked Rendezvous with Rama a lot, but that was probably like 20 years ago (yiiikes!). I'm reading a lot myself these days, too:

- Just read Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. Really good if you feel like a suspense/thriller kind of book (or are just a fan of books turned into movies by Leonardo diCaprio). Going in I thought maybe the trailer had given away too much of the plot, but it didn't after all, so yay!
- Now reading The Blade Itself, a fantasy book Enron lent me. It's a pretty good read so far (halfway into it) with some memorable characters and the guy has a sharp writing style. I believe I will read the whole series, unless it falls apart at the end, like so many Death Angels led by Sgt. Aeryk.
- Next up I've had this fantasy book called Name of the Wind sitting in my queue for quite a while. A relative gave it to me and I have seen it highly recommended on numerous fronts (the Penny Arcade guy loved it too) but the name is so bad I've had trouble committing.

Any of you guys have any Kindle/Nook/etc experience? I'm thinking it might be cool to have a nice, light device loaded with books to bring to Australia later this year. And Kindles aren't TOO bad these days, $140 for the basic model.