Monday, March 08, 2010

| Septoplasty and Polyp removal

to be exact. Ok. I am your poster child for this and what could possibly go wrong does case. I am interested to know the doctor that will perform your surgery. I will also consult Dr. Lee-tall and try her out. Is she the one that will do your surgery?

So my scenario is this. I had a Septoplasty done a few years ago. From the sounds of it, I believe that's what you are getting as well, unless it's not just your septum and your bone is malformed. Then they call that a rhinoplasty (which is reshaping your entire nose /bone). Regardless, ask for A CT SCAN! I can't emphasize that enough. A CT scan is basically an X-ray but of your entire facial structure. Doctors treat this optionally as it can be fairly expensive, (a few hundred?) but wouldn't you prefer to spend that before getting a few thousand dollars on surgery? In my case, if something went wrong it would also show the problem or liability. But since my doctor never took one for me, for whatever reason, I have nothing to compare to prior and post surgery.

Nothing wrong with the surgery part though. I was in there for an hour and had it been done correctly, I don't think i would have any complaints. Does that make sense? But nothings perfect, so in my case, I just got unlucky with a botched job I guess.

Anyway that's all i can think of. Ryan I would love to hear how it goes and if your doctor is a good one. I would definitly try her/him out if it comes out good for you.