Monday, March 08, 2010

| Apnea

I have this as well. Apparently I had an injury to my nose at some point, probably in water polo, and I have like 80% closure on one side of my nose because of a deviated septum. I went to an ENT in Torrance named Dr. Lee-Tall (she's Asian, Johnny!) who suggested I go to the sleep clinic. I don't know what your experience was like, Rude, but I hated it. I was so uncomfortable and really didn't sleep much.

They tried to make me wear that Vader mask, but it made me feel like I was suffocating. Not only that, I was trying to imagine what it would be like to have a chick over, and have to wear the mask in order to not snore and breathe correctly. For me, being a single dude is tough enough. So, as a result of the clinic, she suggested that I get my septum fixed. I have talked to a few people who had this done and they said it was the best money they ever spent. The recovery is not that bad. They used to pack your nose with gauze, but now they have way less gross and less invasive ways to recover. I am getting this done in June. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ayrek: Les called me a week ago, and I have neglected to call her back. Does she still go to be super early? I was going to call tonight, but it was like 8:30 your time. Please let her know that I will call her back this week.