Friday, March 12, 2010

Nice post, Denis!

Notes:
- Despite posting about the registration deadline for Kubla, missing it, then being reminded that the deadline was extended, then verifying that fact with my own eyes, I still have not pre-registered for Kubla.
- I'm on a 30-day trial! Holy shit! My snap judgment of America's legal system based on three days of jury selection: justice is tedious.
- Some people will say some absurd shit to weasel out of jury duty. That said, the woman whose cousin had been sentenced to 80 to life by the presiding judge probably had a legitimate gripe.
- I predict the trial will be an interesting and fun break from work for about three hours.
- Lately I have become obsessed with playing the Savage Worlds Showdown game using Warhammer 40k models. I picked up the 40k starter set which comes with a bunch of space marines and orks. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think basically what I want is to put together one of the cool tanks and this is my weird way of building up to it.
- Just finished Mass Effect 2 tonight. (Mild spoilers, I guess.) Man, that was a great game! It definitely was more about the journey than the destination, in that the plot never really seemed that important compared to just going around the galaxy doing random shit. A very enjoyable 40 hours and I'm looking forward to playing it again with my paragon character. Playing it right on the heels of replaying the first game really helped. Omar L Shepard did save the galaxy, but the Normandy feels a little empty now that the crew is dead. I really enjoyed the last fight against the "boss." It was ridiculously metal, in a good way.
- I also enjoyed playing as a total asshole.
- The DLC is fun Rude. If you ever get a used copy of the game or something it might be worth paying for Cerberus Network. There's at least one more upcoming free piece too which gets you a vehicle you can drive and a few missions to play it in.