Thursday, March 25, 2010

| Moving

Ugh.

Unless our landlord decides to lower our rent, we are probably moving again. Staying in Aptos, but still moving. For those who have been there, we are moving to a complex INSIDE Nisene Marks National Forest! So that's pretty cool, and all things considered it's a better place: bigger, newer, cleaner, quieter, and split level with Wylie's room not being the hub of the house so I can actually make noise at night!

Of course the bad part is actually paying for the movers, and finally being forced to downsize all the crap in our garages. So much crap. So, so much.

To reiterate a sentiment I have made on the blog before, if it all burned down while I was at work today, I would be relieved. But since it won't, the minute I open a box and place any sort of value on what is revealed it instantly becomes a difficult decision to make and I need to find a way to either donate, sell, or keep whatever piece of junk I have found. Maybe Jon could give me the number of the guy he used to rob his storage unit?

I have accumulated so many pieces of gaming/nerd junk that is spread so far and wide, I really don't know what to do with it. The landfill is beckoning because how else am I going to move this 'product'? Goodwill sees no value in it, we will try the garage sale route for a bit, but I just don't see it moving there either.

I have boxes and boxes of good books that are niche, so probably won't sell at a garage sale and will then find a home at a local used bookstore or library (if they have staff to receive them if they happen to be open that day).

Baby clothes and toys, maternity clothes, candles, glassware, bags, tools - the list goes on....

Shoot me.

The upside, is that if and when we survive this we will be living much leaner and meaner and inching ever closer to being able to up and move at the drop of hat. You know, in case some of those horrible, horrible acts I have committed over the years ever catch up with me and we need to flee the country...