Friday, March 05, 2010

| House of Leaves, gettin' tougher

As the book sort of, changes, in the 100's it has become obviously more difficult to read. Not that the subject matter is tougher, but the physical act of reading the book has become borderline, annoying.

Not real big annoying, but enough that I am discouraged to read it in bed at night which is when I usually read. Lots of page flipping and axis shifting, etc. I still like it, and I 'get' what's happening and how the story and book are sort of running parallel (I think), but still. I still likey, of course.

I actually picked up Storm of Swords again (in House of Leaves protest)last night and I never finished it the first time and really there is no point in trying to continue on - I need to at the very least start the book over to refresh wtf is going on.

So I did. And now I feel like I need to restart Clash of Kings too, so I can get the back story to SoS. Cool! I just need to read roughly 1500+ pages to catch up with where I left off last time! Wheeee!