Monday, March 01, 2010

Glad you're enjoying House of Leaves, Aeryk. I knew that book would be right up your alley from page xi. I agree with your summary, except I have never read any Derrida, so you have out-literated me there. Although I have read some Borges. Hey, they're both Mexican, right? I'm only on page 70 but should make some substantial headway by end of business day. I have today off, and it is my aim to spend a great deal of the day chillaxing.

Hopefully the 13th works out! Enron when will you officially know the scoop? (Update, saw your post after posting this post.) We can try Grind out then as well. Incidentally, why is it that you guys find warjacks hard to paint? Both of you and Doc Italia all echo this sentiment.

Other news:
- As usual, having reminded everyone to pre-reg for Kubla, I have failed to do so myself.
- I caught Hurt Locker in a local theater yesterday. It was good, but I wouldn't say amazing. I have now seen all the best picture nominees except for An Education, Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire, and Up in the Air. Inglourious Basterds is great but I think my favorite of the bunch was A Serious Man by the Coen Brothers. It's hard to describe why this movie is good but many scenes from this movie have stuck with me after just one viewing. Recommend Shreking it out on DVD.
- Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Also, we have no control, shun the handshake, and Frogger with my life.