Thursday, November 20, 2008

| Success!!!

I was silently running a little experiment here on the blog to see if it would wither and die without me adding my constant inane chatter to the intarwebz, and to my delight, I am officially off of the front page of the blog! I was seriously thinking about putting this bad boy to pasture and letting theactionteam.org slip into the annals of the Wayback Machine and move on.

With the recent flurry of posts, clearly our good teammates are not ready for that to happen... yet. We even got a post from PETER! Speaking of which, I need to put a picture up of that guy, I don't think he has actually ever posted here before?

News and Notes:

- The podcast has been totally fun! I feel like I need to get back into gaming more than I am now if I am going to be a valuable member of the team, and in particular the cardboard contributor, and that's not a bad thing. We recorded last night and it is feeling like we are dialing it in a little bit better; it was more focused, concise, and meaningful than our previous outings (IMHO, until I actually hear the episode and remember all the stupid crap I said that invalidates my previous statement). I'm glad the AT has been listening, and of course welcome any feedback, show ideas, etc. And really, the more people on the show the merrier. Rudy and I sort of jumped on this to just get it going and we both would welcome anyone to be a permanent member of the 'cast, just let us know and we can start playing with the Skype conference calls!

- My CPU went kaput and rather than try and find another one to fit my current outdated MoBo, I picked up a new MoBo, CPU, and RAM. A lot has changed since the last time I did that, SATA is pretty much the standard over IDE, I have a dual core CPU which essentially means I am running two CPU's at the same time, and RAM is cheap as a mofo. One day I will get a nice monitor, but for now I will be the only IT guy on the planet that uses an 8 year old 17" CRT at home.

- Grats about Borst! Perhaps we will meet in the Outlands if I break my 4 week long hiatus from WoW anytime soon. I mean I logged in for a second during the expansion weekend JUST to prove a point about how ridiculous a 775 person queue is on my server. I suppose I was proving a point to myself? I dunno, but I just wanted to do it, and then I pretty well logged off after 5 minutes or so, and never saw a death knight because I was playing around with my level 3 shaman. Nice story, jerk.

- Ireland seems like the place to go if you never have to work again, and all you want to do is play games in view of awe inspiring vistas all day long and then feel like you a part of a D&D game every night by drinking at the local pub in a 300 year old building.

- I am looking forward to seeing Star Trek on DVD. I would have no chance of getting Leslie to see it on a rare date night, so I will wait. We took Wylie to his first movie last weekend, Madagascar 2, and he had a blast!

- Deux Ex Man Con Eye Eye is a definite maybe for me. While I have every intention on attending, quite a few things could happen that would make me miss it were I to commit early. So pencil me in, spirit AND body.