Friday, November 21, 2008

| Addendum

- I also picked up a new video card. Apparently, AGP have gone the way of the buffalo as well. So I have a shiny new mid-low range GeForce 8600 PCIe card. It performs the job fairly well!

- Left 4 Dead: For those who don't know, I have never subscribed to the online service with my 360; I have just not had the interest at all. Rudy swears by it and has found a nice little niche for himself in the online gaming world, I prefer to stay away. Until last night.

I picked up Left 4 Dead, which is a co-op zombie action shooter game by Valve. In a nutshell, there are 4 characters that need to get from point A to point B and perform C function to win the mission/campaign. The first campaign which Rudy and I played through last night basically had us travel through buildings, subways, sewers, and a hospital before making a last stand on a roof-top before being rescued by a helicopter.

The game is so much fucking fun, I can't start to tell you. The zombies have a few different classes like standard, tank, fat exploding guy, long tongue guy, sneaky ninja attack guy, creepy weeping woman, etc. The best part is the AI changes the way it attacks you each time you play by analyzing your positions on the map, your weaknesses, etc to launch these coordinated attacks that are just amazing. HORDES of zombies attacking a la 28 Days later in tight quarters with a flashlight for illumination from multiple directions = riotous fun!

I would highly, highly suggest you pick up a copy by hook or by crook (or by rental or gamestop if need be), sign up for the 48 hour trial online session that comes with it, pop in your headset and mic, and let Rudy and I know. Then sit back, and get ready for a ridiculous, fast, bloody, creepy good time!

BTW, we killed over 3000 zombies during our campaign/movie last night...