Monday, November 17, 2008

| ManCon Eye Eye

Salut! Been back from Dublin for a couple of weeks now. Interesting place. I'm not used to this, but I was surprised at how many tourists there were. Walking around I was mostly hearing Russian, German, etc, not as many Irish accents . My sister said it was like that pretty much everywhere in European cities. Did you guys (who have been to Europe) also have this experience? I was also surprised that the city center was fairly small and relatively easy to get around. Big difference from growing up in the mother of sprawls. And so much history. I can guarantee you that many of those streets are older than the United States. Mostly went to museums and a few tours outside Dublin. Went to Newgrange (neolithic burial mound). Nice countryside, great ideas for gaming terrain.

Did go to Northern Ireland to see Giant's Causeway. If that isn't the ultimate in gaming terrain I don't know what is. Look it up! Our bus did a quick tour of Belfast. It too is very compact. Saw a police station that was a modern day castle, it was surrounded with thick, bomb-proof walls. No mistaking what that was. Also saw one of those loyalist murals (guy in a mask with an assault rifle saying you are entering loyalist territory). Our tour guide said it was going to be painted over to reflect the new times.

Not much shopping for me, mostly books from the museum shops. I don't know how big gaming is in Dublin. could not find a game store. Did go to the Games Workshop. They are all pretty much the same everywhere. I did love the food halls in the basement level of the department stores. Lived off kiwi-apple juice (so goood - they use a different pasteurization process, tastes fresh pressed) and roast beef on baguettes for most of the trip. Mmmmm baguette.....

Bought the WoW expansion. Haven't played too much yet. Made a deathknight character. I don't think it suits my play style though (bowazon is in my blood). Also bought Fallout 3. Since my pc is below specs, all the settings are at the lowest. Even then, after running around for too long, I get nauseous. This is how hardcore I am. I'm simulating radiation poisoning. But it's not as bad as I feared it could be. A few nitpicks here and there. But you can't relive old game experiences I guess. This is currently sucking up all my free time, sleep time, eat time, etc.

ManCon Eye Eye sounds like it's doable for me. Count me in as very likely.

Been listening to the podcasts. Good stuff. Makes me feel like I should be gaming more. Sound and editing are very good. I'm used to hearing the crappy podcasts that sound like they used cups and strings. Music portions are nicely done as well. Mad props to DJ HighEnd.