Wednesday, June 25, 2008

| D&D, DS, and something else with D

- When I was looking at Third Planet, it was horribly overvalued. If I recall it was like 300k. When I did the math, it just didn't work, sadly it was more in the 50k range, give or take. That was mostly due to the customer base and goodwill - the stock just wasn't worth that much.

I can't see 130k being worth it either. My ass you could liquidate the stock for 130k....

- The DS homebrew stuff looks awesomez! I never read any of the Lone Wolf stuff, but it seems like the perfect companion to falling asleep! Combine that with the DS NetHack, may GBA and NES ROMS, and I am set for life!

- My WoW account has been suspended for reasons unclear to me! Oh noes! Last night I was happily playing in the Outland and then I was forced off the server. Later that night I got an email saying my account was suspended and I needed to fill out this form, photocopy my drivers license, fax it to them and wait for at least 48 hours for them to contact me. Oh yeah, the fax was busy for about 45 minutes of auto-redialing. If they fail to contact me, I need to resend the fax to a new number... ugh.

- Pandora.com is radicool. I started a Bad Religion station and have been served up some old school Pennywise, some Goldfinger, Rancid, and "Voice of God is Government"so far. Fun to revisit the oldies without actively trying to.

- New Rancid is ahfuckingarancid. No good.

- Glad I finally won a game of Warmachine! Thanks, pal!

- I am helping out with organizing the 9th annual O'Neill Skim Bash and need to get some sponsors together to donate money and product for freebies and prizes. Anyone know any contacts in any companies that might want to be a part of it? Music, clothes, surf/skate stuff?

- Drumz rool, guitars drool!

- Wylie is starting to babble like a mad man! He is saying a lot of new words all on his own and making up rad sentences with all sorts of crazy arm waving for emphasis. He cracks himself up in his car seat. He is the coolest kid to hang out with. Not to mention, he is a punkest of punk: he craps his pants and sometimes sleeps with crap in his pants. That's pretty punk. Also, he does this hilarious thing where when the phone rings he switches into full on rockstar mode and just goes bonkers and screams, runs around, and knocks everything over he can get his hands on. Really funny kid.

- Just installed the EV controller for the Prius in about 10 minutes today. There is a company that sells a kit that ties the EV mode controller (which is disabled in US Prius models, but not international models) to the cruise control stick. As long as you have 1) three 'bars' of battery power, and 2) operate under 35mph, you can use EV mode and the gas engine doesn't turn on at all. Nice for driving around the neighborhood, parking lots, etc. Should eek out another few mpg (currently 43.5).

- While I think a lot of the D&D Insider tools will be cool and fun, anything that makes a character look like this should have never made the cut. IMHO.