Thursday, June 12, 2008

Check your lease, man, 'cause you're living in F*** City. Jeez I love Arrested Development.

Either I'm getting crotchetier or the world is getting more annoying around me. For example take my neighborhood. Last night, someone went around lighting firecrackers for an hour from eleven to midnight. Also, the other night, the gay guy who lives below us was having sex with someone from eleven at night until seven in the morning. Basically they would have sex for like 15 minutes, then they would have an (extremely loud) stoned conversation for about 30 minutes, then more assfucking. Rinse and repeat. I mean, great, congratulations for being on multiple kinds of drugs and all, but anyway I think I'm getting ready to move away from other people.

At least work is a lot more fun lately than it was for a long time. I've been promoted to a more managerial position (note: not actually paid more yet, just given more work) so now I am officially bossing around my former peers who I used to just unofficially boss around. I also have been making inquiries into and am getting some positive response to switching departments out of QA and into a more creative production role. Soon my dream of licensing Jack Chick tracts and putting them into electronic toys for children will be complete! By the way this is what I have been working on lately.

Rudy, forgot to say this... you should give the Baroque Cycle books another try. Fuck rereading the first book (the third book gives a synopsis of the important parts anyway), but the 2nd and 3rd are good.