Friday, January 04, 2008

| Combat Commander Goodness

My love for all things CC is everlasting! Opponents on the other hand, are all but non-existent. Rudy and Ryan still reside in LA, and if you check the logs, they were my only parters for the game. Enron played with me at a con, but that game lasted a bit too long for anyones liking due to Enron's unfamiliarity with the rules, he played a bit gun shy and slowly. This fear has carried over and we have not played since, though we had an opportunity or two.

I have both Europe and Mediterranean as well as the first expansion/scenario pack all sorted and put in my special metal case, ready to go! Vassal Combat Commander, anyone?

It is one of the best games out there for a purely fun and narrative gaming experience and one of my top 5 of all time! I still occasionally play solo, but I usually quit when I forget to play a card that I should have, get discouraged because the solo game is not as 'real' as a face to face game and pack it up.