Monday, June 11, 2007

We went to Santa Barbara this weekend.

Fact:
I like boobs.

It was fun. The only really weird thing that happened was when I ventured into a board game store near the hotel. Mostly it was Transformers Monopoly and shit, but as I was investigating the one shelf of Eurogames and the shopkeeper called out to me in his thick Irish accent. "I can see the games ye're lookin' at! I like those games too!"
"Oh... cool!"
"Yeah, I can tell the games ye like. Just by lookin' at ya!"
"Oh?"
"Yeah, I can tell you're a nerd!"
"Ha, ha, takes one to know one, I guess."
"Yeah. As soon as ye walked in I could tell ye were a nerd!"
"Okay."
"I can tell every time!"
"Great."
"Yeah, ye're in here lookin' at that shelf, I know what a nerd ye are! I can tell you're a real geek!"
As I walked out the door feeling vaguely ashamed and alarmed by this terrifying Irishman, he started ranting at me about Reiner Knizia. I couldn't tell if he loved him or hated him. After that every time we walked by the store I would avert my head, afraid to catch his gaze.

Yeah, Knocked Up looks great. I'm gonna try to catch it this week, maybe tomorrow even. I also saw a couple of surprisingly good trailers before Ocean's 13 (which was aight): one for Vantage Point, which looked like a really good thriller, one for Michael Moore's new one Sicko which looked hilarious, and one for the Will Smith version of I Am Legend. I was really surprised by this one... it looked really good. The book was great so I'm really pulling for this movie to be better than your typical Will Smith tripe.