Friday, June 15, 2007

| Ah, Teh Greastest of Talisman's

Talisman holds a magical quest game-piece of my heart as well, and I appreciate the new edition coming out, and yes will probably pick up a copy for Wylie's sake, but as cool as the fact that such an old game that I played in my youth is coming back, I am just not all that excited about it. From what I can tell, the gameplay will be very similar to the game of yore, and to be honest, it just wasn't that good. Wait. Lemme take that back. The game play doesn't stand up to the test of time.

IMHO, games have matured and gameplay become more varied and interesting over the years, and I think roll and move games like Talisman, while being an awesome step up from Candyland for Wylie, will prolly not get played by me much, or at all.

Despite my grumbling, I am excited though, which is weird.

Did I mention that my latest obsession is Magic Realm, a game from 1978? The ASL in rules complexity and exceptions of fantasy questing boardgames. People either love it and are devoted to it, or hate it and despise it and call it unplayable. Weird. How's that for being a fan ov evolving game play and rulesets?