Thursday, March 22, 2007

Well... if all you've seen of Borat are the clips from TV, you really can't judge it very well (don't mean to come off like a jerk there). I wasn't impressed by the clips either; the sum is much funnier than the parts. I mean the running of the Jew, come on. Rude dog is quite correct that it reminds me of the sort of humor that we make at cons and stuff, which JP was particularly a master at.

I think that what Borat is like is the parts of Jackass where they play pranks on the unsuspecting public... except those parts tend to come off unfunny and mean-spirited in Jackass, and are really funny in Borat. (The humor of Jackass comes from the boys keeping the masochism and sadism within their group, not when they direct it out.)

But hey, whatevas. The world is a rainbow etcetera.

Bonjour! (explosion)

So I'm off to le France tomorrow (insert witticisms about cowardice in WWII, cheese eating, etc. -- feel free to grab some from here). Yes, for a week I will be walking the Champs d'Elysee with my girl, accosting Frenchmen, showing them my US flag underwear and demanding to know if they know that they'd be speaking German if not for me, laughingly telling them how thanks to their not joining the war in Iraq, that "french fries" are now called "faggot fries," berating their berets, and finally, pulling out my six-guns and shooting them while shouting "Yee-haw!" I expect it will be phenomenally enjoyable! I will return with a fine scarf that will put yours to shame, Denis! Just you wait and see! I will also bring back a mime.