Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I've watched several clips of Borat and I will smash my balls with a mallet before I ever sit through the whole movie. Ever. I'm not big on 'over the top uncomfortable-forced scene' movies. I don't find it funny in the least, and I can't believe anyone actually bought into that completely transparent schtick.

Little Miss Sunshine.. didn't dig it so much. It had moments, and I laughed here and there, sure. But when the bus they were all driving in is the star of the movie, I think that says something about the quality of the remainder of the product. The ending, specifically, was totally fucking lame. I will freely admit that as a pet peeve of mine. I can't stand stupid-ass endings, and oh boy, does 'Sunshine' deliver a huge steamer of a horrible ending. It's like the writers ran out of brains when attempting to write the closing.

I've already said that "300" was pretty good, but that's not a renter just yet.

Regarding "Crash".. I'm suprised that you didn't like it? I thought it was a phenominal movie and I even bought it.. and I don't 'buy' movies just to buy them. I would totally recommend that movie.

Here's one not many have seen, but is probably one of the top 20 movies I've ever seen in my life.. "Everything is Illuminated". It starts off a little slow (the first 5-10 minutes are a little tedious) and subtitled here and there (for those adverse), but it takes off from there and is a roller coaster ride of funny bits, introspection and personal exploration. Really, very very good.

What else.. saw "The Devil Wears Prada". Worth seeing. Not very meaningful or deep, but interesting and entertaining for the performances.

I also just watched a romantic comedy with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo.. can't think of the name of it.. but she's a 'ghost' in a subletted apartment that he is renting. It was light, easy, fun and pretty good. Had one of the best one-liners in a movie I've seen in a long time (can't say, for fear of blowing the plot!)

Have you ever seen "The Red Violin" ? That's one of my all-time favorites.

Alright, going to bed.

Late,

Cap'n O.

P.S. Happy birthday to me in 30 minutes! Wheeeee, I'm old!