Friday, June 02, 2006

It's a corona! =) excior class.

Coronas are actually Camrys, just older models. Toyota discontinued the name back in 1998 or something. You don't find these in the US because they only made these in Austrailia, japan, europe, where smaller cars are more practical especially in cities that are scare in roadestate. These are more sportier looking but the trade-off is less legroom space designed for non-anglo rasis. It's dope looking! In the philippines back in the 90's this was the car to have if you were wealthy, but i think that has gone by the wayside as these cars are cheap these days, but people still say that it's for the yuppi.

Customer Sales Nightmare:
I have to share this. It happens so often it seems that when customer service is lousy it's almost disregardable. But this time, it pissed me off so bad I just have to share it.

I called the local 3M division in the philippines inquiring on some product for our manufacturing. I get a nice enough sales lady, but after a few minutes discussion on the product, you can already sense that she's kinda flimsy with her knowledge of the product and what's she's saying. The answers just wasn't straight brooming with confidence. But anyhow, she tells me to call this distributor A, becuase they have the product. I call Distributor A, and after a rude operator, finally talked to someone there. They tell me that they don't have it and I should call 3m back. I do so and the sales lady refers me to distributor B, that she says she was wrong the first time and that this distributor should have it. Lo and behold, Distributor B does not. another half a day goes by because distributor B didn't even call me back, probably wondering why I was calling them for the product in which they didn't carry.

I call back to the lady, and this time, just hoping to bypass her (which I don't know if it's ever a good idea to do so). This is really debateable. 1) They might get offended THINKING you are implying that they are incompetant, which is probably the truth, 2) they might be afraid you actually SAY that they are incompetant to their bosses. 3) They badmouth you to their co-workers so that NO ONE would help you.

However, I just wanted the product so I ask for her manager. By this time, I was a bit frustrated. I start telling this guy my ordeal and asked where I could get this product. Well, instead of even helping or trying to help or even offering to look into, or ask me to write an email detailing my problem, the guy decides to be a real fucking jackass. He just decides to tell me they don't have it and gave me the full on silent treatment. That's basically they say 1 word and nothing else and expects you to just hang up and go away.

After a few minutes of asking him if he would help, would he look into it, and only getting a grunt for a response, I friggin snapped. I cussed him out and hung up.

Little does he know, I tracked the upper division management. The guy was nice enough to do exactly what this jackass should have done. He asked me to send him an email detailing what happeded etc. Even though he may not even bother reading, it feels as if someone is. And that's what problem resolution is all about.

Long story short, I hope he gets canned.