Wednesday, May 03, 2006

If I didn't know better

...I would say either you were a) pregnant, or b) just had a kid. I say this because of the stupidity hormone that is released into one's system that causes such lapses to become rather common when dealing with pre or post-child. I swear, I feel dumber every minute. That probably has much to do with lack of sleep, lack of proper nourishment, and stress related to keeping a child alive.

When we were in the hospital, to pass the time in a completely inane way, I picked up one of those Magic Invisible Ink activity books. You know, the ones that you can do slot machines, mazes, baseball, trivia, etc. Anyway, when we returned home I found myself still fiddling around with the book, because that was all I could really handle mentally, not to mention physically. I thought to myself in a moment of clarity, "Ah, how far I have come. Before we went to hospital, I was reading ASL rules, and now, I am trying to figure out which two clowns are the same out of six clowns, and still having trouble."

It's all good though, it's all good. You're probably not pregnant.

- Side note, Denis gave us the coolest handmade card ever! It's a rad popup card and includes the phrase "Rolled a natural 20 with a +5 Vorpal Baby". Does it get any cooler than that? I think not. I will try and post some pictures of it.

- One of our business properties closed escrow today, and the other should close before the 19th this month. Those of you that know our situation understand that I am relieved and pleased as punch with the situation. As a "reward" I picked up an xbox 360 and Oblivion. It is much better when the graphics are up to snuff, so I have been enjoying playing that for about an hour so far. New consoles are cool cause you can save at any point during the game. No more silly save points! My only opportunity to play will be when Wylie is asleep on my chest at night, so I'm not really planning on getting to far in the near future!

- My PBI holes are now filled with the missing models, so I am ready to never assemble, nor paint, nor play the game! Not to mention that Denis looked over the rules and looked interested! Hooray!

- Wylie is a few days short of a month old, 10lbs (up from 7lbs8oz at birth), eating faster than Leslie can make milk for him, SORT OF smiling, and adorable. That is all.