Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dude, my arms!

(Yay for the home stretch of the semester)

Working on my CG animation term project that's due in about 10 days.. it's brutal how long it takes to render such a short animated sequence. Essentially, I'm going to be ending up with six 10 second long rendered sequences that I'm going to edit down and stitch together in Premiere.. nevermind that it takes hours upon hours just to set up the damn scene and to get it to do what you want it to with all the particle systems and whatnot.. but it takes upwards of an hour and a half to render a 10 second compressed AVI! So, typically, you do short test sequences of 25-100 frames here and there to see if the effects are sort of looking right.. but you never quite know what it's going to come out like until you do the whole enchilada. Right now I'm working on the most complex camera sequence (it's probably taken me upwards of 20-40 hours of hands on labor to set it up). Once that's done, the remaining two camera shots should be pretty simple as there aren't any special effects involved.. then the editing which hopefully should go pretty well.

When it's all said and done, I'll see if I can host a copy of it for you foo's to download and enjoy. Or mock. LOL.


Technical question: If I have some flash movies I wanted to share with folks on the web, is there a way to do that other than just linking to the hosted file for them to download and view on their own? (Not sure if that made sense) Basically, if I have a flash movie and I want to post it.. kind of like we would for an animated gif.. is it the same thing, is it even possible, and if so.. how?

Wheeee!

~O.