Sunday, April 30, 2006

Enron I must admit I was quite surprised to get a call from you at 11:00 pm. Actually my first thought was that this was some drunken dialing and you were going to tell me how much you loved me or something. Not that I don't have a few late night calls coming after the whole kicking down your door incident.

Today I was checking out random Warhammer Quest links. There are several sites containing new warrior types. So far my favorite is the Christian Missionary.

Besides his sword and armour, the Christian Missionary has a Holy Bible to help him stay on the proper path of spiritual development. If his Bible is ever lost or stolen, he may get another one for free when he finds a Christian Mentor, but he may not gain a battle level until he gets a replacement Bible. If at all possible, it would be best if he never loses his Bible. As long as he has the Bible with him, it is assumed that he reads it every chance he gets to ensure his spiritual development and increased usefulness in the service of God.

There are also extensive rules for converting heathen monsters, potentially including Chaos Warriors, possibly including minotaurs, but definitely not including Chaos Dragons. A Dragon is an interesting being, but I am afraid it cannot be converted (Aw!), because it is so devastatingly evil, it appears to be all animal, and most importantly, it is used in God’s Word, the Bible to represent the Devil himself, Satan, the Old Serpent. The Christian Missionary, even if he is mistaken about this matter, just wouldn’t hold out any hope for such a being as the dragon.

So that's nice.

I have been extremely stressed out at work lately. Not because of the work itself. About a month ago my boss let me know that she was trying to get me pulled in as a full time employee. Naturally this would lead to all kinds of goodness like benefits and a 401k. The rub is that she must convince her boss who seems to change his mind on a weekly basis about whether or not she can add me to the department. Everything seemed to be going well but then a few days ago I was told that once again she is going to have to lay out a case for hiring me. His problem is that the company is increasingly focusing on a multilanguage plan and he goes vacillates about only allowing future hires that are fluent in foreign languages. As damn good as I am at my job, I do not speak any foreign languages fluently (not that I'm not willing to learn, which I've told her).

Actually this has been keeping me so stressed that I think my attitude at work is suffering. Thus probably creating a vicious cycle which will lead to my not being hired. Hooray! Anyway there's not much I can do besides hassling my boss, possibly hassling her boss, and sweating it out. The not knowing is the worst part.