Monday, February 20, 2006

Orccon 2006

Way better than before. I think it has alot to do with the proliferation of Euro Games. Little to no CCG's being played, from my survey. A smattering of RPG's, lots of minis, and not just GW, and LOTS of Euro Games. Lots.

I attended friday night, to play C&C:Ancients, and the place was actually hoppin'! I played two games, and by the time I left around 10:30pm, the boardgame room was packed! Nice!

I returned to play ASL on saturday, and no one showed up. The story of my ASL life, until next weekend that is! (More on that later). I stuck around for a few hours lounging about, reading ASL rules, and checking stuff out. When I left in the afternoon, say 3ish, there was not a single spot in the structure! I parked on the top, and never saw a spot the whole way down!

Then, Mike and I attended on Sunday to get a little Up Front! under our belts, which we did, and had a blast! That is seriously one of the best games I have ever played. If it were only a little bit easier, I think it would get a lot more play out of it. We'll see when the fables re-design and re-release from MMP happens. Not likely to ever happen though. Great game!

The guy that coached Mike and I through our first game, and answered rules questions for us the second, is an apparent ASL freakazoid, and told me about the West Coast Melee that is going on next weekend in the OC. Basically it is an ALL ASL CONVENTION FOR FOUR DAYS!!!! So, I will be attending at least a day of that, and play in their beginner tournament, or at least get some coaching from some of the old grognards, as I play my first official ASL game!

I am so happy right now! *weep*

Good convention though. It had me longing for the old days where we would all shack up at the Westin for some fun in the rainy LAX gaming environment. Good times. Good times.

PS Check this suckers!