Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good Lord, I Just Got Furious

I just spent a good half hour in an argument with my roommates. I think everything worked out to everybody's satisfaction in the end, but my goodness I was angry for a while there. I almost never get really mad so I'm not really used to it. My stomach is still kind of churning and I just want to play video games or something.

Oh yeah, I joined Weight Watchers again, that might be another reason my stomach is churning a little bit because it's a strange adjustment at first. I'm so fat! I think I'll just quit eating altogether, or if I do eat anything, I promise to promptly throw it up again.

Archives

Nice work putting those up again Aeryk. Is it just me or did we used to be a little handsomer and wittier in the old days? Also I didn't always used to be so fat! God damn it, why won't the fat leave my thighs???

Battlestations

I picked up this cool-looking boardgame, Battlestations. I know Aeryk knows about it but I don't know about the rest of you... it's a sort of RPG-board game combo (in the same basic way that Warhammer Quest is, although it's a lot more complex) where your group is the crew of a spaceship. You assemble and customize your spaceship from modular parts and then go out on missions run by a referee. You get to fly around and do space battle shit on a space hex map, and also your characters maneuver around on the spaceship maps so you can board enemy ships and fight it out, attack space stations, and so on. It looks hecka fun and I'm determined to run it whenever there's a group of us together (whenever that may be).

I'm also dangerously concerned about my growing interest in miniatures that are a part of games I don't even play. Some of the Starship Troopers miniatures look pretty cool, for example.