Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Well...

//** Dr. Drill my ass

Myke, most of us have really ended up in careers not even remotely related to our collegiate field or our starting direction. I mean Jorn : Engarish > QA || Elzar : Art > Record Label > Entrepreneurship and Real Estate Development || MeMop Shitbag : IT > Architecture > Web Development > QA > IT Support > over-glorified administrative work || O Rugs : Business > Insurance > Gaming design/development. I know Rude has been on a general track towards music, but I don’t know if that is how he started out. Dennis, well I donno where he started. Ry, actually seems to have been the most consistent as he stated and continues on a direct path from college to a career. Look around at other friends, family or old schoolmates and you will find that it is systemic within our generation. Perhaps a result of the attention deficit disorder prevalent in our generation. A lot of people start in one direction to find many years down the road to be upon a different path altogether.

However, I don’t think anyone of us would say that what you have accomplished is by any means a failure or a waste. The purpose we fill in life may not be the one we intend from the onset, but as long as we work towards something like it is all just a part of the whole grind of a process until we find our niche. I have no way of knowing what you should do at this point since I have little or no first hand experience or frame of reference to your situation. From what I can tell, you are quite competent at gathering, filtering, and refining information so that you can pass it along to others in a useable format. That in itself is a highly desirable skill in both the business and academic worlds. Information organization of course is the essence of teaching. Yet providing it on a day to day basis takes time and consistent delivery to master before you become smooth and well oiled. Mmmm.. Oiled men. I mean popcorn! You just need to loosen up and feel good about what you have done so far. I mean none of us have had the balls or tenacity required to get as far as you have. You just need to realize that what you have completed so far is proof enough that you can perform in class. Maybe you need to loose some stress and force yourself to take some breaks here and there. Constantly working on finding employment for months on end can be very stressful and depressing. Trust me I know. Fulfillment needs to be found outside the search.

Dr. Drill my ass **//

Case in point... Painting rules. I am stoked to paint. I keep looking at my minis and I get excited about painting the next. Slowly but steadily I am working on them. It seems to have become my Zen if you get my meaning. Just relaxing and exciting all in one ball of cheesy waxy goodness.

Elzar: I have been hearing grumblings about that for the past week or so about the Booth Babes. Boooo... And so the Gaming industry moves one more step to corporate homogeny that eventually afflicts all cool hip and interesting industries. A weather vane of creative erosion in our culture. Case in point: EA. What a turd company.

O: Sweet Jesus. I love that scene. BTW that bit about the dogs, that has got to be bullshit. It is just too foul not to be. Uggg... "Dogs in corpse" equals revolting images of teeth gnashing at meaty ribs giblet badness. Yuck.

D>M>