Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ramblings

- Found some fuckers using my bandwith via wireless connections tonight. Aced those pricks out with my trusty MAC filtering option on the ole wireless box. I think it was probably the guys next door. Bastards park in front of our house when they know that we have two cars and we park the same place every night. Asshats.

- Then, I found an unsecured wireless network that had a very strong signal, which leads me to believe it is next doors as well. I hopped on, and found that the default passwords were set to the router. I logged in, and changed the SSID of the network to "changeyourpasswords". Nothing malicious, just wanted to let em know L33tFa990tz0rz pwns THEM!!!

- Then, was wondering what I could do with the log feature of my router (and really their router too!) and found that I could see all the outgoing sites my router touches as I surf the web. So far, I have actively been to the actionteam site, mail.google.com, and blogger.com. All the traffic looks normal, and then www.pepsi.com shows up. Weird. So I continue to go about the same sites, then nokia.com. Then walmart.com. That doesn't sound good. Must be time to check the ole spy/tickware killers out.

- I'm going to get rid of the shoutbox feature. There needs to be more blogging and less shouting round these parts.

- Band of Brothers has garnered more bang for the DVD buck than anything else I own, except for maybe Real Genius and North Shore.

- Enron: Have you checked out "Make" magazine yet? If not, do it! O'Reilly mag about CRAZY SMART PEOPLE DIY stuff. Neat.

- Dr. Mike is still here, people. Though you would never know, would you....