Monday, September 26, 2005

ActionCast

Seriously. Let's do it. If I understand correctly, using Skype, there can be up to 5 people connected at once through Skype. Also, for those not using Skype, there is a phone number to call that will then connect to the Skypies. So, that means there is no excuse for anyone not to connect and participate. We should try it out some night and iron some kinks out.

I can host the .mp3's on my machine for download, and use the no-ip address as the link for connections. At least until Adelphia gets pissed about the bandwidth, then I'll switch and host them on some server somewhere. Then we need another website to post notes, links, images, and the like.

I think I feel the need for some celebrity, or rather, it will be interesting to see what kind of celebrity we potentially gain by doing a podcast. My guess will be none, but man, who knows! Our own booth at GenCon! Autographs! Groupie hookers! Free dice!

I have some software that can record Skype calls, I just need some cheapie/free suggestions from Rudy as to some editing software. I have Acid, which is what I did the wedding mixes with, but without checking, I'm not sure that it is so great for this kind of editing. I'm sure it is, but who knows.

So lets do it!

We can do it in like 1.5 hours or less some night of the week. Just a phone call away!