Thursday, September 15, 2005

PSP is Pee Pee Again

So, I picked up one of my favorite games of all time, Burnout, for the PSP today, biked home, popped it in, and the fucker required me to upgrade to 1.52 (ie. the firmware I can't play Doom II or any emulation with). Sonsofbitches! So, I promptly biked back to Target, spoke with a manager, and exchanged the game for the XBox version.

Did I mention that no where on EA's website (except for digging in the support section), and no where on the packaging is it mentioned that a firmware update is required? That means that a majority of the people out there that buy Burnout, and refuse to upgrade the firmware, will be stuck with the game because policy at most (if not all stores that sell games) is that you cannot return opened games.

What this tells me is that I have to use the emulation to it's fullest because from here on out, Sorny is going to tell me what I can and can't do with a product that I own. I can play games that they occasionally release, I cannot play emulators.

Agreed. Until there is an emulation hack for version 2.0 of the firmware, I am not buying another PSP game. Sorny is really shooting themselves in the foot here. I know I am not in the majority, but I am certain there are a fair number of people out there that will make the same decision I am making.

As I understand it, Ultimate Doom, and Hexen work as well! I just need to dig those up somewhere...