Thursday, August 18, 2005

"I'm Ryan, and I'm a nerd."

Ryan has been sitting the fence on nerdliness for some time now, occasionally taking a jaunt to the Dark Side for some Blood Bowl or Memoir '44 here and there, but last night he made the transition official: he played a chit wargame with me from start to finish and had a good time and would like to play again. He used tweezers and everything! I think we might play again today. Welcome, Ryan.

Other news: Camping was a blast, surfing was fun except for the epic 1/4 mile vert hike to and fro the beach. And the campers to the north that thought I would be a good idea to actually set their tent up in our site. And the campers to the south who thought it would be a good idea to get drunk and talk about anal sex and how they don't get it anymore, while their kids played around them. Good times.

- Why I feel more like 30 than 29: I threw out my shoulder playing dodgeball, I twisted my ankle three weeks ago playing dodgeball and it still hurts, I am seeing a chiropractor about my back (incidentally, at first my back was only operating at about 38% of the way it should be, now that I am 30 and have been recieving treatment, it is up to about 75%, so take that age!), I would rather chit wargame than roleplay (though I think that is just a cyclical phase), and I am interested in ancients wargaming. There are other reasons, but those strike me this moring.

- 2 of my warjacks are painted, and they each took me about 2 hours to paint. Using an airbrush is SO GREAT. However, that means that I was distracted from pulling my weight on the DBA front. I still have 2 days to paint the remaining 8 units, but I think that might not happen.

- Battlestar Galactica is awesome. So good. New season of Arrested Development Septeber 14th I think. Rugby on the Fox Soccer Channel at 11pm is pretty good too.

- HP6 was a good read (finally), interested to see if the next one is actually no longer set in Hogwarts. Only 5 more years til we find out!

- If anyone (READ: Aaron) wants to go to Vegas over the September 24th weekend and see the Kings take on the newer, weaker Colorado Assalanche in Frozen Fury, give me a ring. I am buying the tickets shortly, so give me a hollar, hollar.

- See The Dave Chappelle Show, Season Two, Disk One. Everyone needs to see the True Hollywood Stories with Charlie Murphy. Everybody. Make it happen.