Wednesday, June 29, 2005

...Crickets, crickets.....

- I'm temporarily obsessed with wargaming right now. I'm soloing this fun Vietnam game, Lock N Load that is HEAVILY based on Squad Leader, but easy peasy. The same system is coming out with a WWII version soon enough, actually maybe in time for Origins, which I think is next weekend? When everyone is rich we should go to that con too. And as far as ASL goes, it looks like the starter kit #1 is all I'll be playing forever. The first true ASL module is OOP, and the guys at Multimanpublishing are dragging their feet on reprinting it. Also, the rulebook remains OOP. Strange marketing strategy to alienate any potential new customers, no?

I'm also starting that UCLA extension class "Entrepreneurship and New Venture Formation" tomorrow, so that will probably become my next obsession. Hopefully, I won't find out that I haven't any business acumen and have been deluding myself and my apparent grasp of anything practically related to business is useless after all.

- So Mike, what are you up to now that you are all PhD'd out?

- Johnny? How the factories and whores treating you?

- Art. I'll call you tomorrow, got your message, and that sounds good, FINALLY!

- Rudy? "Can't blog, gotta, play, Battlegrounds..." What's up wit choo?

- Enron. Nice pics!

- Jon, what era are you interested in ancients gaming? I'm thinking Baccus 6mm is the way to go with it either way. So cool, and so small! I got the Warmaster Ancients book and it looks cool, but its the same as Warmaster, so that means lots of buying figs. Though at 6mm, it is very inexpensive. Something like $40 for a pre-packaged 1000pt army!

- Denis, how's Fashion Island treating you?

- Rdub. I got nothing to say to you. Nothing. Gym? Sometime?

... Crickets, crickets....