Thursday, January 27, 2005

Sorry about your women problems Ryan. I hope that you don't give up on them entirely (although I guess you could turn to guys, which would be cool, because your partner probably wouldn't mind if you played lots of video games). Anyway, that's tough. Sorry.

Earthdawn, the best game ever

Ah, the game that Hemo once aptly named "The FASA Juggernaut" has re-entered my life. I'm gonna run this game for my roommates and possibly Aaron (you in?) in a month or so. Basically, despite only running this game twice in my life I love it. I know that the few times we played it we never really got into what is so cool about the setting (although Eric's windling Gleek and Rudy's warrior Shlelvor Kull were pretty cool), but somehow I internalized the entire setting and rules set, so even though I haven't touched the game in years, it's all coming back really quickly.

To show the extent of my desire to play RPGs, I recently had a dream in which I was trying to get all of you guys together for a campaign. It was basically a Blues Brothers "let's get the band back together" -type series of miniquests to get everyone in. I had to do a line of cocaine with JP, etc.. I woke up with a vaguely sentimental feeling.

I know there's at least one other Earthdawn fan in the house. C'mon Denis, let's hear some love. I mean, riverboat lizardmen in dashing hats! A dozen pages of complex magical theory! What's not to like!?