Wednesday, September 29, 2004

House Arrest

So, since we are cleanin' up and makin' pretty the ole' homestead for sale, I have been on more or less house arrest for the past 7 or so days. It has been both good for my mental state as well as my marriage. We have had people in and out of the house from more or less 7.30 in the morning to 6 at night, and since Leslie is gone most of the day with school and work, I am left home alone, making men that I am sure are honest men, stay honest. Not that there is much to steal since we have packed up most of our lives and are living barebones stylee. Which adds to my misery of being couped up in the house with none of my stuff around! The house looks like it is lived in, but not cluttered and since I am Mr. Gamin' Clutter, I have been feeling a bit out of sorts. Whatever, woe is me.

Hopefully the house will sell this weekend and this will all be behind us.

As a REALLY STRANGE sidenote, I found something interesting on my doorstep yesterday. FYI nothing from the house has been moved outside, everything is in the garage, so nothing could have fallen out on the doorstep, but regardless, I opened the door yesterday to talk to the painters and found a folded notecard on the doorstep that has written on it in sharpie "Brother Simon, human cleric".

There is NO reason in the world that this should be there, but nonetheless it made me happy to think about playing NWN and gettin' some gaming together with the old schoolers. It think it is a sign that we will play NWN soon.

For those not on the inside track, Brother Simon was Mike's character in the "10th Level or Bust" campaign that Jon ran years ago (Bust). It was awesome.

Ryan's dad bought him the Star Wars DVD's for his BDay, and I stole them from him before he had a chance to watch them. They rekindled my love for the SW, and the 2.5 hour documentary was really good. It actually made me hate Lucas less!