Thursday, February 26, 2004

Hear Hear for Geographic Compatability


As probably the most geographically non-compatabile member of the team, let me put my vote for getting us all within gaming distance again! I can't imagine anything I would rather have... and since things aren't looking rosy here for future employment, it's probably not long now when I'll be back in the States at least! Wahoo fish tacos!

Fuggers at Cambridge colleges don't want to give me no love... well, not the kind of love I'm willing to take anyway.

To keep you all posted on what you're probably not even interested in: I'm now 34% written on the PhD. Hard to believe. Maybe by next week I'll be half way.

Wish I could come to Booblacon... maybe next year.
As for the SS, I have thought for a long time that we could all basically forget the idea of any sort of assistance when we get old. 401k, 401k 401k, that will be our only friend. Hmmm, you know, maybe there is a business opportunity in providing surrogate Social Security, you know, taking in money for years and then giving some out later - sort of like insurance.
Righto, back to writin' !


Myke