Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Cool Beans


Hmmm. Didn't know about the polyhedron dice, knew the Romans had normal D6's but, well, you learn something new every day. Crazy symbols -- wish I'd known about them before, I could have done my dissertation on them instead! Do you think we could get it for Aeryk and Leslie's wedding? Comeon, we could all chip in, it would only be about a grand a piece - that's cheap for 2nd c. AD gaming stuff?

Well, I DON'T have me badge yet, but I assume that's because it's at home. I hope so anyway! Getting excited about the Con too, and about coming home and seeing all of you! (I know its only been a year, but it seems like forever!) Trying to get things sorted here. Applied for my first accademic job two days ago (was THAT ever fun -- imagine writing about the work you are doing -- and are tired of for that matter -- about 20 different ways having to emphasize why it is cool and worth money). What a waste of time. Anyway, its over now for a couple of minutes, and so now I'm trying to get everything in order before I leave on Monday. Whoohoo! Can't wait to be home!

Bus ride from Cambridge to Heathrow...2.5 hours! Flight from Heathrow to LA...10.5 hours! I think I WIN! Doh!