Saturday, October 04, 2003

great moment in hast

OK, well, I know this is late, but I thought of a few good "hate" moments:

--Rudy and JP for the night of 3rd ed hell. "OK, you guys go to the ne..." "lloyd" "Hey Jon, relax!" "...xt room and you..." "lloyd" "Hey man, chill out!" Ah yes, alcohol and 3rd ed, a fine combination.
--Myke for adroitly sabotaging some UCLA campaign five minutes after I'd announced it. I can't even remember if it was supposed to be Mage or 2nd ed D&D, but I do know that it was all over as soon as he solemnly announced, with utter conviction, that his character would be a cleric who drank human blood.
--Aeryk, Enron, Rudy, AND Ja-El for the Gamex "Night's Dark Terror" Basic D&D travesty. ME: "Hey guys, I'm going to run this awesome campaign!" ALL: "Cool!" ME: "We've played a small part of it before, but it's been a long time so I'd like to just restart it." ALL: "Cool." ME: "It's the one with the siege." ALL: "Cool!" ME: "OK, so you get on this boat...." ALL: "Oh my God! This is the one with the boat! This is the one with the siege! We've already played this one! Why are you making us play this?" An unprecedented case in which -four- friends were against me! The fifth player, Peter, looked on in horror.
--Enron for continuously repeating "Take it, take it, take it, take it" that night we tried to play Mutant Chronicles. OH MY GOD, SO ANNOYING!!

love moments

Anyone wanna totally puss out and provide love moments?

convention time!

Anyway, so if the best I'm going to get from Sir Rudy for D&D at the convention is "pencilling it in," I'm not going to bother putting in the 15 or so hours it will take me to plan and organize it. But fear not. I am committed to running something, maybe even two things, at this con. I actually have an idea that I think is really good. I think that if I do it, nobody will be disappointed about not playing D&D... really.

books

I'm reading a shit ton lately. Besides reading many many Exalted books (which is a cool, kung/wire-fu type fantasy game), I'm reading a -good- steampunk/fantasyish book called Perdido Street Station. Really well-written story with a Dickensian style to it.

I also picked up the new Neal Stephenson book, Quicksilver. It's 30% off, which means it was still $20, but it'll keep me busy... it's about a thousand pages. Plus it's only the first book of a series. Shee-yat!

Anyone else reading anything good? Or do you all subscribe to Egon Spengler's theory that "Print is dead"?