Tuesday, August 26, 2003

I. Ron Maidington III

Yes, infact I did have something better than gaming to do last night, I had Iron Maiden to behold at the Long Beach Arena! Quick synopsis as I am at work early and am very sleepy and have work to do anyhow:

- They played with Dio (as in Ronnie James Dio from Rainbow) and Mötorhead!!!!!
- It was worth the price of admission to see Motorhead play Ace of Spades, live.
- The last time I saw Iron Maiden was with Anthrax in 1990 and I think that was the last time they played Long Beach Arena, seemingly.
- Metal people like metal music. It's their lifestyle, it's what they are. Something to be said about that.
- I saw: a guy named Joe Boyle that Ryan and I played waterpolo with in HS, Paul Garcia who is a friend that I went to computer school with sat two rows ahead of us, and the tall weird friend of David Spade that sings and stuff from everyone's favorite NBC smash hit Just Shoot Me (which I actually liked). He was there wearing a Dawn of the Dead T-Shirt.
- They played only one new song, the rest were classics (mostly). Rockin'!
- Quote of the night," Please don't forget us, we're old, we're not dead. Thank You, good night!" - Lemmy, Motorhead

More to come from Ryan I assume....