Wednesday, July 09, 2003

To Blog or Not to Blog

I thought I could hold out for as long as it took Enron to blog again, but to no avail. I have fallen in the face of blog adversity. Let's see, whats new or newsworthy:

- I'm building RDubs new computer (basic system for email, wordprocessing, and Internet) and I told him that the computer will handle what he wants it too, and maybe even play some games (Medal of Honor, etc.). He said, "Cool. As long as it will play Blood Bowl, thats all I need".

- I have been busy with work/wedding shenanigans and unmotivated due to extreme heat in my house, and have not blogged or played anyone at BB in a while, my apologies.

- Nice balloting system, and VERY nice remix site. I think I am going to order the HSS/SS parallel t-shirt. Or mug. I'm keeping my options open.

- Surfing ruled on 4th of July. Top 3 days EVAR for me. So many waves, such great waves, and it was actually pretty crowded in front of my house, but I was still kicking ass and taking all the waves I could handle. I was parked at the perfect spot in the lineup, and moved as the break moved. One dolphin spotted. Truly a wonderful day, no Iron Man, but lots of surf, sun, bikes, BBQ's, some beer and lots of fun.

- The Kings signed Trent Klatt. I hope that they don't think this is the top 6 forward that they promised us this off season....

- Enron, you there?

- Noticed that the Mango Raiders have finally passed the Aldorf Arsenal in team rating... perhaps a rematch? Also noticed the Norsemen have yet to lose, nice!

- Hmmm... what else.... Anyone want to go to Comic Con and play in the Blood Bowl tournament? In San Diego, and I have no idea which weekend. Maybe this one?

- Mike?

- Ben and Amber Winter are pregnant. Ole' One-Nut seems to have done his job with the assistance of fertility pills. Benji with a kid. Weird. I remember playing air/tennis racquet guitar with that guy when the song Danger Zone came on the radio as well as skateboarding to Jr. Guards with that guy in Hermosa when we were C's. Couldn't have been older than 10 maybe? And now a kid... and probably me to follow in the next few years as well.... sheesh, I'm old!

- 28 Days Later was an experience. I can't say it had much of a story, but most zombie movies don't. I mean, there was character development (a bit), locations, conflict, resolution, etc., but still, I wouldn't recommend it for the story aspects. There were some good visuals, some interesting ideas, some stellar shot excecutions, and definately dead on mood altering spots. The scary parts were scary, the brutal parts SUPAR brutal. They did something right because I was uncomfortable thoughout the whole movie. And for once, my seething hatred for people who bring a) crying babies to horror movies and b) cell phones that ring during the movie, actually worked in the movies favor by making me even more uncomfortable and angry and emotional during the flick.

GRADE: B+