Thursday, November 14, 2002

Itemized Stream of Consciousness

- I am striking a much needed balance between both feeling like a parasite on the earth's oxygen supply for not having a job, and enjoying the hell out of waking up at 6.30 every morning and making the most of my day before 11am. I surf, and by the way had one of THE BEST sessions EVER today, I eat, I take care of bills (ugh...), I apply for grad school, I apply for jobs, I read a little, I go to the vet, I poop.... and then have the rest of the day to sit and ponder my doom.

- I agree with Jon's brief, yet uninspired, take on Jackass. It is a force of nature, not a movie -- and more than that, it is a TV show inside a movie theatre. As far as getting the most laughing bang for your buck, this movie is the way to go. Virtually non-stop laughter from the beginning, for 9 bucks. Other movies provide laughter, but I think you would be hard-pressed to find another that has the same percentage of time spent on laughter as this one. And I'm not just being lame Eric on this one, I was with Jon when he saw it and he laughed almost all the way through. True, there is somewhat of a hollow feeling in your soul after watching it, but man, seeing a guy getting a papercut across the corners of his mouth is just funny. (Note to Aaron: there are VERY few skits that mess with the public, and even those are rather light-hearted-- most of the flick is them hurting themselves... good stuff, see it.)

- So far the Extended Version of LOTR is good. The Fellowship just escaped Moria. Neat. The reason Aragorn doesn't have Anduril is explained, he doesn't want it. Boo.

- How's the mix of the songs coming Rudy? We are anxious to hear how much we r0x0r'd as a band and how much of teh a$$ you kicked producing us!

- I picked up D20 Modern and it made me want to play some fun role-playing games with you gents again... alas, that ain't gonna happen though.... boo.

- Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters is fun!

- Rudy: You should pick up Greyboy: Mastered the Art, on Ubiquity records. Some of the stuff on that old beats CD of yours sounds a lot like some of this guys stuff. Check it out, its really good!