Monday, November 11, 2002

The Curse Grows...

The Bore Ring - Jon and I, historically has not seen eye to eye in many of movies. In fact, I think our views have always been at opposite spectrums. And this case, the curse continues. First, my concession, the Ring is probably one of the better movies out there right now, compared to 8 miles or pathetic teeny boppy movies like that. Also I think the special effects, however limited, was quite vivid, wasn't nearly enough. But when it comes down to scariness scale, the ring does not measure up to the time. Great was the media hype, great was not of the movie. The plot of the movie was not scary at all. Video tapes?? Pleez. Did they have video tapes when they were thrown into the well? Perhaps she had a camcorder with her as she plummeted into the depths of oblivion? Supposedly this mysterious video tape came crawling out in a pile of old movies that no one ever watched. Beats me. Maybe I'll run into something like that at blockbusters. maybe. So I should be really scared next time I go to the cabins up in the mountain, and probably should stay away from the rental racks, or just not watch tapes without labels on them.
Second, perhaps my age has wisened me a little, but freakish makeup, just does not cut it anymore. Gone are the days of Freddy Krueger, Return of the living dead, which would have caused many sleepless and tormenting nights. Psychologically, this movie was pathetic. There was no antipation of looming death, as we knew she was safe until 7 days later. Even Freddy could kill you at any moment or turn of a corner. Review grade C-

Shallow Hal: I like. Situational comedy like Aaron said earlier, but lots of good laughs, ronchee male pickup gags, and lots of good sarcastic comeback jokes. May have made me realize how shallow I am, but I guess I'm choosing path 1. Don't know your paths? Well perhaps watch the movie and you'll find out. Of course I just got rejected this weekend. But bounce right back and into the saddle!! YEEEHAA! Eventually, she'll get tired of my antics and submit to my control. Review Grade A-

Eric & Jon, when are you guys planning to visit? I need you guys to make a brookhurst run for me on some PBI equipment.

Mike U-La is probably getting laid.

Nothing new in this email, I'll try to write a better one next time.

Jael