Tuesday, November 05, 2002

"I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free." Vin Diesel--The Fast and the Furious

Sorry to hear about the accidentes 'ron! Yeah, I've been in a few car wrecks myself (including my 4 month old SUV gettin' T-Boned and totalled- served me right though- damn SUVs!) Glad you're ok and everything. Good luck with insurance fuxors- I guarantee they'll try and fuck you.

Thanks for all the computer tips guys! I think I need a job that provides me with a better income though before I get too serious. Check this out though: Jael, you said its about 1k to build a tight gaming rig. I don't see why it needs to be that expensive. I sure as fuck don't want a $400 geforce4 card- I'd rather spend $400 bucks on a PS2, X-Box, and a couple games. (BTW- I've heard from some friends that GTA:ViceCity is bananas! Goddamn, I wanna play that game!) I was just kinda on my own trying to pick parts from some websites, and - you guys think I could put together a decent rig for say $500-600 total? I don't expect to have some 3ghz m0nstar, but i dunno.

My work schedule has changed again (my job sucks.) I now work Mon-Fri, Noon-8or9pm. I like the time better and the weekends off, but the job is more sucky. Studio- lets do it (before I fucking quit- I am half-assed looking for another gig already.)

Jon- I just reread your Sea Monkeys script, and man, its totally awesome! FUck waiting on someone to do the art- use the Hollywood program I have, and we'll do it that way! ;) Seriously though, I think I wanna do a piece of music based on the story of pod-queen-bitch-slut-cunt-rust-whore tells the dude when he's all stiffed-out.

Movie Review: Blade 2
Just rented it- It was alright. The F-X were better than I thought they'd be, although there were a couple of silly fights that would at times seem to go completely CG- kinda weird. And, eh- I'm sick of the "hero gets super fucked up by the villians 3/4 through the movie, only to "snap out of it" and kick some ass. At least there wasn't a stupid Van-Damme type scene with Blade doing the splits between 2 chairs. Sheesh.
Grade: C+

Coming soon: Reviews for "Frailty" and "Gangster No. 1"

I've been really wanting to check out Bowling for Columbine also E-RicK. Heard nothing but good things about it. You should go to his website and get on his mailing list. He sends out letters every couple of weeks- good stuff. Also, I was lucky enough to go catch him on his book tour for Stupid White Men a few months back. The event was totally free and he spoke for like 3 hours. Very cool (and funny) dude, and it was awesome to "meet" him (I didn't go up to him after the event, but even though there was tons of people there, it still felt very personal.)

Glad you didn't get hurt Aaron, and thanks to all of you for the help!

-Van Diesal