Monday, November 04, 2002

Computers, Shmomputers

1) Hey Rudy, give me a call and we can chat about what to get (if anything at all) and where to start. I must say this, for the most part with PC's and their ilk, you get what you pay for. Sure you might be spending less, but you will feel the ill effects down the line. Ex. integrated video cards, poor quality RAM, crappy ass motherboards with no more than two expansion slots, etc. So yeah, give me a call!

2) I want to get my Linux box to print, however, Win98 doesn't support print servers with Unix, so I went out and purchased a small print server. Of course the connections are all wrong (36 Centronics on server, 25 Pin DB on the Printer) so I had to get some converters, etc, and I don't even know if it works yet, but if it does, I think I can configure it to accept internet printing if I set up a Win2000 box somewhere... i don't know if telling the Action Team about an internet printer is a good idea however...

3) Go see Bowling For Columbine right now! This movie is another Michael Moore classic and should be mandatory viewing for the entire planet. Amazing stuff about gun control, white fear of everything, media bias in their "news" coverage, and a funny-ass cartoon by Trey and Matt about the history of white fear in America. Some of it was just awful to sit through (a split screen of the security camera tapes of the Columbine shootings with the 911 recordings in audio montage format playing in the background), and some of it downright funny (the opening scene, which I won't ruin here). Yeah, it's mostly covering the shit that those of us who are somewhat enlightened and educated are aware of, but its great to see it put on the big screen -- of course the audience that really needs to see it, never will, and it will continue preaching to the choir, but bottom line, go see it, and take someone with you. Better yet, take 10 people with you.